More of This: Thanksgiving Edition
- As I said in a previous post, we are going to spend Thanksgiving with my family in St. George and we are ordering a complete meal from Harmons. Each family is in charge of bringing an extra side dish or dessert to share. I have been on Pinterest looking for the perfect recipe. I’ve made these stuffed mushrooms before and they were amazing. It might be time for a repeat. I feel like you can never go wrong with a spinach salad and this one with apples, bacon and feta cheese seems easy to make a looks yummy. I’m not really a pie person, but I do love pumpkin and this pumpkin roll looks delicious.
- We will be going on some hikes while we are in St. George. This is one of my favorite trails. It is easy for kids, but long enough to call it a hike. Plus the destination is a neat canyon where you can get out of the sun and the kids can play and climb around on the rocks. I want to hike something new, so we will give this trail a try.
- We don’t have very many Thanksgiving traditions, but I love the idea of taking time each day to write down one thing we are thankful for. For next year, I want something we can display so that we won’t forget. This Thankful Tree would work great and it’s on sale.
- I never went Black Friday shopping until I married my husband. My sister in law goes and invites me to go with her. I’ve been a few times, but it’s not really my thing. When I do go, I get caught up in the craze and excitement and buy things I don’t really need. I’m more of an online shopper, that way I can add the items to my cart, think about them for as long as I need and then when I’m ready, click the “purchase” button.
- I usually have my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving, so that is another reason I don’t really like shopping on Black Friday. This year I haven’t been on top of things as I usually am and it is actually kind of stressing me out. What if the item I want is out of stock, what if it doesn’t get here in time, etc… I will never be able to understand the people that leave their shopping until the week before or even worse the day before Christmas. Just thinking about it is giving me anxiety. Are you a before or after Thanksgiving shopper?
- We are your typical house full of boys and we love Legos. I bought this Lego advent calendar to countdown to Christmas. They are going to love opening each day and putting the figurine together.
I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and a wonderful weekend.